So it seems that Quinoa and Kale get a lot of talk these days about being super foods. These are foods that offer a lot in the way of nutrition and both of these guys are no exception. Kale, pound for pound has more iron than a serving of red meat, and is loaded with essential nutrients, and loaded with vitamins K and C, and calcium. Quinoa is a complete protein, which means that it contains all essential amino acids to allow the body to digest proteins properly. I figured nothing would be easier than a kale quinoa salad. This is a great well balanced salad that is good on its own, or great with a lean protein!
- 1½ cups of quinoa, dry
- ½ cucumber, ½" dice
- 1½ cups of kale, finely sliced
- 2 roma tomatoes, ½" dice
- ½ cup red onion, ½" dice
- salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of finely chopped garlic
- Cook the quinoa according to the instructions on the box. Set aside to let cool
- Whisk together the ingredients for the dressing and set aside
- Cut up the vegetables and combine with the quinoa and dressing and mix well. Season with salt and pepper
If you need even more help eating healthier, you should sign up for my newsletter. As a lovely gift I will send you a free copy for my “Ultimate Four Week Meal Plan and Shopping Guide” E-Book. It’s jam packed with all kinds of healthy recipes, as well as awesome tips to help make your next shopping trip easier.
Sign up below!