Nothing is easier for my wife and I than whipping some of these hoisin lettuce wraps on a night when we don’t feel like doing too much cooking! Everything can be done in one wok, and all you need after that is a head of lettuce and some crispy fried noodles and you are set! You can always switch out the iceberg lettuce for a darker leafy green like Kale!
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped ginger
- 1 cup red pepper ½" dice
- 2 cups of sliced cremini mushrooms
- 1 cup of grated carrot
- 1 cup of crispy noodles
- ½ cup of thinly sliced green onions
- 1 pound of chicken breasts cut into ½" dice
- 1 teaspoon of sesame oil
- ¼ cup hoisin sauce
- 2 teaspoons of hot sauce
- 1 head of romaine lettuce (tear the leaves off whole to use as the wraps)
- Heat up the vegetable oil and sauté the chicken, mushrooms, and peppers and cook until the chicken is 50% cooked.
- Add in the garlic, ginger and carrots and cook until the chicken is almost completely cooked.
- Toss in the sesame oil and hoisin sauce and heat through.
- Serve on leaves of romaine lettuce with sliced green onions and crispy noodles
Nutritional Information – 272 calories, 23 grams of carbs, 31 grams of protein, 6 grams of fat, 75 mg of cholesterol, 354 mg of sodium