This is another dish that Heather loves! This salad has everything in it that’s good for you! It’s great as a meal after a hard work out at the gym, or just when you are craving something with a little bit of heat! Chipotle powder is also one of my favorite spices! It is sweet, smoky and spicy and works well with all kinds of meat. Click here to get some for yourself from Amazon!
This salad can be made in larger batches if you like and kept for a couple of days. I find that after the flavors have marinated for a day the salad tastes even better.
- 1 cup of ¼" diced red peppers
- 1 cup of ¼" diced green peppers
- ½ cup of frozen corn niblets, thawed
- ½ cup of ¼" diced red onions
- 1 cup of black beans, or red kidney beans
- ¼ cup of vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons of red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons of finely chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon of chili powder
- 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 2 chipotle peppers, finely chopped
- 4 sirloin steaks, or another cut of meat you prefer
- 1 teaspoon of chipotle powder
- steak spice to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tablespoon of olive oil
- Cilantro for garnish
- Whisk together all of the ingredients for the dressing and combine with the vegetables and beans. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Toss the sirloin steaks well with the steak spice, chipotle powder, salt, pepper and Grill or broil the steaks to the desired doneness and let sit for a few minutes. Slice up and serve with the bean salad. Top with the cilantro and enjoy
Nutritional Information – 549 calories, 40 grams of carbs, 34 grams of protein, 24 grams of fat, 75 mg of cholesterol, 420 mg of sodium, 10 grams of fibre