1. Coconut Oil – Heather uses it to moisturize, I use it in healthy cooking.
2. Coconut Water – The perfect beverage for after a workout, as it is loaded with electrolytes
3. Apple Cider Vinegar – it regulates the PH of your skin and is great for detoxing your body. I use Braggs
4. Chia Seeds – they are great in a salad, or in a protein shake, and contain omega 3 fatty acids.
5. Rice Penne – a tasty gluten free option when I feel like making Heather her favourite chicken mushroom Alfredo.
6. Rice flour – I can make a great gravy with this gluten free substitute.
7. Stevia – I will use this natural sweetener for my tea or coffee, and won’t spike your blood sugar.
8. Green Tea – This has just enough caffeine for me to get my day going in the morning.
9. Multivitamin – I take 2 of them a day, and use the kind from Genuine Health.
10. Flax seeds – same concept as the chia seeds. You have to love omega 3’s!
11. Organic Peanut Butter – loaded with protein, and great for a protein shake
12. Organic Tomato Sauce – I prefer the stuff in a glass jar. It’s easy and healthy.
13. Olive Oil – I love this stuff drizzled on a salad. The healthy fats help you digest your greens better.
14. Quinoa – The worlds most popular seed right now. I don’t think I need to say much else do I?
15. Chick Peas – These guys are perfect for vegetarians and vegans. blend them into your favorite tomato sauce to make a vegan Bolognese!
16. Cinnamon – Its great with roasted apples, in a protein shake, or great just eating on its own. I’m just kidding! Don’t take the cinnamon eating challenge! Seriously though, cinnamon has anti inflammatory properties. It’s not just for your apple pie.
17. Almonds – These guys are the perfect snack and will give you energy for hours. All you need is a 1/4 cup.
18. Bob’s Red Mill……Anything! – this is a great company that provides a high quality product. I like their steel cut oats. I used it in this recipe here.
19. Organic broths – most grocery stores carry organic stocks and broths so you can make really healthy soups from scratch, or make your favourite braised dish.
20. Lentils – These guys are packed with nutrients, protein, fibre, and contain a high amount of magnesium.
Now let’s be honest, I don’t have these all in my pantry all the time! It’s worth trying a few of these items and seeing how they can positively impact your health.