First off, I hope while reading this entire post, you are singing banana pancakes by Jack Johnson in your head. Maybe you should just go to YouTube now and search for it. It’s okay….I’ll wait. Have you done it yet? Great song right?
This is one of Heather’s favorite breakfasts for me to make for her. You won’t even need syrup as there will be plenty of sweetness in these pancakes to go around.
Are you pretending like it’s the weekend now? It’s a line in the song. It’s stuck in my head right now!
Anyways, I wanted to make my own twist on a classic, and these guys measured up in every way. I like some extra protein for breakfast and added some chocolate protein powder to some hearty Bob’s Red Mill pancake mix. the only other thing I needed was some bananas, and semi sweet chocolate chips. These pancakes were just sweet enough. I just melted a bit of butter on them and they were ready to eat. As the title says, they are also ready to make in under 10 minutes. Wouldn’t you like to eat pancakes on a Wednesday morning, and still be able to get to work on time? Now you can!
- 1 cup of Bob's Red Mill Pancake and Waffle Mix
- 1 banana sliced
- 2 Tablespoons of semi sweet organic chocolate chips
- 1 cup of 1 % milk (you may have to add a bit more to thin out the batter once mixed)
- 1 large egg
- 1 scoop of chocolate protein powder
- 2 Tablespoons of canola oil
- Whisk together the protein powder, pancake mix, egg, and 1 Tablespoon of canola oil until all lumps are removed.
- Incorporate the bananas and chocolate chips into the batter.
- Heat up a pan with the rest of the canola oil (you may need a bit more than 1 Tablespoon) and ladle in the batter in any size you like.
- Cook until bubbles start to form on the top, and then flip the pancake over.
- Cook for another minute or two, and then transfer to a plate.
- Add on butter and all natural maple syrup as you wish.
These pancakes are perfect for any day of the week. Just make sure not to eat too many of them! Everything in moderation as I always say. If you are looking for a quick breakfast in under 10 minutes, this is a great recipe to add to your list.
If want more recipes like this, then you should sign up for my newsletter. Once you subscribe I will send you a free copy of my “Ultimate Four Week Meal Plan and Shopping Guide” E-Book packed with many more tasty recipes just like this one.
Sign up below. I hope you enjoy these pancakes!